With 98Nm of torque, the Africa Twin is built to take you all the way from tarmac touring to off-road rally.
The new Africa Twin packs an all-new 4-stroke 1000cc parallel twin engine. It has the muscle to take on extreme off-road environments, offers smooth comfort for long distance touring, and sprightly agility for the everyday commute.
Up and down the gears, the standard manual version of the Africa Twin has a lightweight six-speed manual gearbox that uses the same shift-cam design found on the trusty CRF250R/450R – and is equipped with an assist slipper clutch. Coupled with a large 18.8 litre fuel tank and top fuel efficiency, it has a range of up to 300km. Enough to get where you wanted (or weren’t expecting) to go.
For your comfort, we took the DTC version of this great bike.
We do also offer tour strictly on Tarmac (except very short access road to some lodges), those tours are accessible to ALL bikers.
GRIP THE GROUND
Anti-locking Braking System (ABS) and Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC) provide a new level of advanced traction.The Africa Twin’s optional ABS stops the bike from skidding – keeping you in control when you have to brake hard. If the sensors detect a wheel lock, a series of valves use a pulsating braking sequence to quickly stop the bike – without losing traction.
When HSTC senses an imminent loss of rear wheel traction, it seamlessly reduces torque to boost grip and avoid wheel spin.
Two levels are available, and mode selection appears on the LCD display.
If you really want to let loose, individually disable ABS or HSTC with just the push of a button.We do offer tour strictly on Tarmac (except very short access road to some lodges), those tours are accessible to ALL bikers.
On top of all the extras that are coming with the Adventure model, we have made some specific modifications and additions (all included in the daily rental cost):
- Tires – Michelin Anakee 3 / Anlas CapraX / Michelin Anakee Wild / Heidenau K60 Scout / Pirelli Scorpion or similar
- Skid Plate / Engine protection
- Headlight guard
- Large side foot stand
- Crash Bars
- Tool box
- Tire repair kit / Tube
- Pre-equipment for GPS Garmin 590LM (in case you come with your own GPS).
This Bike is suitable for all types of tared and gravel roads you will experience in Namibia.
Also suitable for sand, with its 21’ front wheel… For experienced sand riders.
Remember to stay on existing registered roads and tracks (coded B / C / M / D with a number next to it).
Complete off roads (dune driving for example) is not allowed in Namibia and would cancel your insurance coverage.
All bikes are equipped with active tracking device.
- GPS Rental (Garmin Zumo 590 LM): 150 N$ Per 24h00
- Paniers Rental : 150 N$ Per 24h00
- Specific New Tires Set > Cost on request.
Specific requirements to rent:
Excess Deposit for 1000 AfTwin DTC : 15.000 N$
Minimum 30 Years of age and minimum 5 years motorbike license.
Driver Licence & International Driver’s Licence.
For Gravel roads tours > To have experience on Gravel / Dirt road for long distance travel on a similar bike.
Indication of replacement cost in case of damage / accident / loss :
It is only an indication as we will need to get a specific quote from the suppliers.
- Panniers (left and right – no top case) – Replacement > +/- 10.000 N$ per panier.
- Tires > +/- 6.000 N$ (complete set - front and rear).
- Headlight (Replacement +/-8.000 N$).
- Large side stand foot (Replacement +/-450 N$).
- Crash bars (Replacement +/-5.000 N$)
- Compressor (Replacement 3.000 N$).
- Tool box (Replacement 3.500 N$).
- Tire repair kit (Replacement +/-500 N$).
- GPS Garmin Zumo 590 LM (12.000 N$)